Monday 16 November 2015

Monfortian n Proud!!

Isn’t it funny, how day to day nothing changes, but when I look back everything is different. Mondays would become Fridays, Months to Years, and in a blink of an eye, school got over.

The precious memories I made, and the moments spent have been engraved in my heart. The days of happiness and the days of tears, have not gone waste. Teachers, friends and every person who I ever met at school, has left foot prints on my path of memories. A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart. I have learnt more about the lessons of life, rather than lessons from a book, Thanks to my Incredible Teachers!

Morning assemblies, prayers, national anthem, school anthem,  exercises, PT periods, swimming classes, kho-kho, boardworks,  those gossip sessions in the field, inter-class competitions, dance competitions, school uniform, being a uniform defaulter and those punsihments, Inter-school competitions, staybacks, practices, copying notes, hobby clubs, parades, Cultural programmes, Sports Day, Exhibitions, Mega Event and the best of all Christmas Carnivals. There is so much that’s left behind now. Now I can relate to the fact “Time Flies” very clearly. I miss it. If anyday I get a chance to relive my school life, I would love to.

There are sooooooo many memories with each and every corner of the school. If I come to listing all of my memorable days, I might just end up publishing a book altogether, listing my most favourite ones also might be too difficult. But the fact is, “School ka har ek din, har ek class was kinda fun in its own way.  Our classrooms: collecting gifts, packing cartons, making chits for games, discussions about the class stall, deciding games and while doing all that sitting and chatting with friends (sometimes munching too) all for our favourite Christmas Carnival. The Canteen: that place was like heaven on Earth. The whole school lined up on Tuesdays for cholle bhathoore. We were all such hoggers, just one plate shared by 7-8 people..such “bhukkhads” Oh God! Everything comes with a price, and the prices of the dishes in canteen were the gravy that painted our white shirts and skirts.

Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget. The friendships made in school are the most precious and innocent ones. We expected nothing but happiness on the first day of school. I cried out of fear of being alone on the first day of school, leaving my parents behind and even after 14 years I cried again out of fear but this time it was the fear of loosing the precious Monfortian family that I got in my school life because then had I realised on the last day of school that it was time for me to say goodbye to Montfort. “Joined school in tears, left it with tears in my eyes.”

None of us wanted to leave our class that day, those back benches but someday, we all have to. It’s hard to put in words all that I feel but when I look back to those days I feel Blessed. Those were the days….The Best days of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment