Wednesday 18 November 2015

Finding myself while I Dance


“Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their Passion”

Dance does not only mean to move your body when you hear some tune, it is much more than that. Dance is an art. People worship it. For some its life, their passion, their source of income and for some it’s just a source of entertainment. Dance is a part of everyone’s life.


Gone are the days when dance was looked down upon, when dancers were considered cheap. Things have changed now. People worship God through their dance. Nowadays in schools, children perform prayer dance at the beginning of their assemblies or special functions.


I can feel it as I’m myself a trained classical dancer. I started learning Kathak dance when I was 6 years old i.e. in First standard. I used to learn Kathak and participate in solo dance competitions held in my school. I love to dance. Learning Kathak also made me learn many other things in life. Kathak is a dance form from North India. Kathak was performed as a ritual dance or in temples.

Performing on stage in front of everyone helped me gain confidence. I participated in various school and inter-school competitions. When I was in 4th standard I bagged the Best Dancer of the Year’s award. That was like the happiest day of my life. I made my parents proud. I gave exams of Kathak: 1st year and 2nd year and got 1st Division in both the years. I could not continue my exams further due to my higher education, that I regret now. I wish I could have given all my exams.

Dance is such an important part of my life. I can express myself through dance because Dance is the hidden language of soul. It has made me into a better person who is calm and composed, mature enough to take her decisions. I feel free when I dance. There is no fear in my mind while I’m dancing. For me Dance is a whole world. When I’m dancing, I get lost in that world and forget all my worries and pain. I enjoy what I to do. I dance like no one is watching. For me Dance is like dreaming from my feet.

It is through Dance that I get some time with my own self. I find myself in it because I know it is the only thing that cannot do any harm to the World. It is harmless. I dance because there is no greater feeling in the world than moving to a piece of music and letting the rest of the world to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment